As a NEWCRAFT data engineer, you’ll work with the latest and greatest technologies that make working with large amounts of data easy. You’re proactive in keeping yourself up to date and trying everything out. You combine a strategic vision with a hands-on, right now attitude. You will work in a team with highly skilled people and enjoy a creative atmosphere where experimentation and innovation is encouraged.
This is what you’ll do as Data Engineer at NEWCRAFT:
- Be a trusted technical advisor to clients and solve complex big data challenges
- Work closely with the NEWCRAFT data science team both on client engagements and to commercialize scalable data solutions
- Optimize the processes required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics
- Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 4+ years industry experience
- Experience with data processing software (ex. Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Flink, Kafka, etc.) along with data processing algorithms (ex. MapReduce and Flume)
- Experience working with data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools, environments, and data structures
- Proven ability to drive adoption of data engineering best practices in a team of data scientists, and ability to mentor junior team members
- Experience in technical consulting
- Programming in a compiled typed and scripting languages, e.g. Scala, Java, Python, etc.
- Deployment and provisioning automation tools e.g. Docker, Ansible, Openshift, CI/CD